Update 9/21/19: Terms now state you must reside in Los Angeles Or Orange County, not sure when this was added or if it’s enforced. Hat tip to MICHAEL P CORCORAN
Update 7/31/19: Deal is back and valid until December 19th, 2019. Hat tip to reader Chase-ing UR points
Update 12/19/18: Reposting as you can get the free Rams tickets again. These can be very profitable for resale (see comments).
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Looks to be nationwide, might have to join surfrider foundation or friends of hobbs
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, mixed data points on being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $25 with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- U.S. Citizen/Resident: You must be a US citizen or permanent US resident to apply
- Expiration date: March 31st, 2019
Direct link to offer (note the URL isn’t the official Unify Financial Credit Union, but when you start applying it does show that URL)
- Unify Financial Credit Union is offering some bonuses when you open a new checking account:
- Open a new free checking or eChecking account and receive two LA rams home game tickets based on availability
- Receive a bonus of $100 when you establish a recurring ACH drecit deposit of at least $500 aggregate each month
The Fine Print
- Limited ticket quantities available, while supplies last.
- Offer subject to change without notice and may end at any time.
- Eligible new account holders who qualify for and open a new FREE Checking or eChecking account will receive two (2) LA Rams home game tickets based on availability. U
- NIFY membership eligibility and qualification required.
- Membership requirements include establishing a membership savings of at least $5.
- Minimum opening deposit of $25 required for FREE Checking or eChecking.
- Offer does not apply to subsequent or multiple checking accounts.
- Account holder will receive a code from UNIFY to provide online to retrieve tickets electronically.
- Limit one pair of tickets per member, account holder responsible for all applicable taxes.
- UNIFY employees, volunteers and family members not eligible.
- Offer expires December 19, 2019 and is subject to change without notice.
- Receive one (1) $100 bonus into your checking account by establishing a recurring ACH Direct Deposit of at least $500 aggregate each month.
- New Direct Deposit must be established and posted within 90 days of account opening, and bonus will be paid after the third statement cycle following account opening.
- Limit one Direct Deposit bonus per member.
- Account must be in good standing to receive any bonus.
- Account holder responsible for all applicable taxes. UNIFY employees, volunteers and family members not eligible.
- Not valid with any other bonus offer.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about,as long as you opt-in to e-statements after setting up online banking.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Deals that seem to be nationwide that shouldn’t really be usually end poorly if I’m being completely honest. This isn’t the biggest bonus to begin with so for most people it won’t be worth it. If anybody decides to sign up, please share your experiences in the comments below. I will likely add this to the best checking sign up bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times